Sunday, April 20, 2008

7-Up Cake

One of my personal goals in life has been to make Martha Stewart herself want to bow down to my domestic diva-ness. I think that I may have come one step closer with this 7-up cake. The recipe was taken from one of my new favorite blog reads, Homemade By Jill.

Recipe:
3/4 lb. butter, softened
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups flour
2 tablespoons lemon extract
3/4 cup 7-up soda

Glaze:
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon milk.

1. Cream the butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Add flour and lemon extract
4. Fold in 7-Up
5. Pour in to well greased 12 cup bundt tube or pan
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 75 minutes
7. Mix lemon glaze ingredients together and drizzle on when the cake is completely cooled.

And Voila!

1 comment: