Friday, April 30, 2010

Turtles and Aprons and Ribbons, Oh My!!

I put together a little package to send to Brooke & Truman for their birthdays which are close together actually a month apart, but I had tons and tons of homework and a little gnome stole all my sewing gear and excuses, excuses, excuses am a slacker and could not get the boxes together in time. 

Anyway, I made some homemade turtles.  One for Truman, one for Truman's buddy Khai, and a teeny tiny girl turtle for Khai's new baby sister Rowan.  I am hoping that the turtles were a hit.

Also, I made coordinating mommy and son aprons for Brooke & Truman for cooking, arts and crafts, etc.  I was pleased with the result.  It was a challenge to come up with a fabric combo that works for a two year old boy and his mommy.

Also, Brooke found these cool ribbon toys online, and we decided it made much more sense to make them than to buy them.  They actually turned out pretty cool.

Moose agreed.  I had to convince him that they were not intended to be kitty toys.  Then I got this look:

2 comments:

  1. Cool, Amy! I'm impressed even if Moose isn't!

    (Great expression on his face.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Amy. Everything is being well loved. As I said before he literally plays with the ribbon toys almost every day. He loves them.

    Ribbon dance parties!

    ReplyDelete